Did you know...for your safety, its recommended you rewire your house every 25 years. If you haven't moved home within the last 15 years, the chances are, your wiring and protection is out of date.
Does your house need rewiring?
Below are some basic checks you can make to see if your electrics are faulty.
1. Check the fuse box - has it got rewirable fuses? These have not
been installed in new installations for many years.
2. If the fuse box has a wooden back, cast iron switches, or a
haphazard mixture of fuses, it is likely these will need to be
3. Are your socket-outlets the round pin type - this is a sign of a
very old installation.
4. Signs of overheating at socket-outlets
5. Signs of damage to socket-outlets, lights and switches
6. If you only have one or two socket-outlets in each room, this
could indicate the installation is quite old.
Book an appointment to discuss a quotation for a rewire >>